Introducing the first-ever curriculum for high school band! Essential Musicianship for Band is the perfect tool to assist your ensemble in developing the skills needed to read, rehearse, and perform band repertoire with precision and artistry. Using proven methods for superior sound production and ensemble technique, your students will transform printed notes into a meaningful musical experience. Fits easily into the traditional concert band setting.
Ensemble Concepts is designed to help ensembles to acquire maximum performance skills while increasing overall musicianship. Every aspect of ensemble development is introduced individually, in developmental order, then combined for more advanced practice.
Also available in the Essential Musicianship curriculum:
• Masterwork Studies (HL00960078 – 00960095) focuses on six landmark compositions for band (score/parts not included). Two CD-ROMs are included, featuring:
1. Exemplary recordings of each work, performed by some of the world’s finest ensembles
2. Practice “loops” on the more difficult passages for each individual instrument, including tempo adjustment software, on-screen assessment, and a built-in metronome
3. Scale, arpeggio, and articulation studies in all keys
• Ensemble Concepts – Fundamental Level (HL00960110 – 00960127)
• Ensemble Concepts – Intermediate Level (HL00960129 – 00960146)